New light continued.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last Sunday I asked about replacing a ceiling rose with a light which only has choc block connections. Obviously, since this was bought from B&Q, it is a load of utter rubbish and doesn't have a connection for the "loop" permanent live. It merely has 3 connections for switched live, neutral and earth.

It was suggested that I put a piece of terminal block/choc block in there to connect the permanent lives - could I use the connection block chopped out of an old ceiling rose for this? It will fit in the space where the light fastens to the ceiling - I have already cut it and checked.

Or is such a thing a no-no - even though this connection block is designed specifically for wiring lighting circuits up.

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
You can buy terminal block which looks like this from most DIY sheds:
TLCON2X.JPG

You need the 5A or larger.
If you can post a pic of what you have chopped out of the ceiling rose as I am thinking a 3 way uninsulated block of metal.

Sponsored Links
dont use those mate,they have no integrity when removed from the base and are liable to just fall apart if you ever untape them.

use connector blocks as previously suggested

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back