New Megoflo Installation

Sponsored Links
so the pics are not of your installation then ??? so why post them ?

Sponsored Links
sorry cant answer you any more, if they are still installing it ask them not on here, are you trying to find a way of not paying for the install

sorry cant answer you any more, if they are still installing it ask them not on here, are you trying to find a way of not paying for the install

No I’m asking for advice cos a few things weren’t clear and when I questioned it I was advised when it is finished we will talk.

I don’t want to end up doing the job twice.

They connected the radiatior feed on too if my stairs at a centralised point when there was a point to connnect next to the new location. I’m thinking unnecessary piping showing on new install.

Took hot water from the nearest outlet and I thought you had to 22m to each bathroom as I have 3 to help flow

My questions are so that I the job I want not the job the plumber want as I am the customer and paying good money for this.

It needs designed properly!!

If you have three bathrooms and just had a combi then going unvented is the right idea but it can't just be bunged in and then connected to any pipework that can be found though. With three bathrooms and at least one kitchen sink then yes you want to maximise flow. If they are running a 15mm distributing pipe from the unvented prior to the 1st branch to each area, then they may not be maximising flow - A pipe can carry a limited amount of water at a certain velocity without excessive noise/turbulence - 15mm is obviously smaller than 22mm and will deliver less per Min. You want at least 22mm to the 1st supply branch to each location.

You will still notice a difference with the unvented even if its 15mm, it just may not be as good as it could be

Most of this is academic though if there is no understanding of what the dynamic pressure and flow is at the mains.

Madrab, they are running a 22mm to the nearest hot water and telling me that’s all I need and will be sufficient

they are running a 22mm to the nearest hot water and telling me that’s all I need and will be sufficient
They may be correct - or it could all be a complete mess.

It's impossible to know without full details of exactly what is being done, how the rest of the existing system is installed, flow, pressure etc. so unfortunately no one here can offer any real answers.

As @flameport mentions, it's nigh on impossible to be specific not being onsite.

As suggested you probably will get better results even if it's 15mm being used to distribute to each location, it may just not be the best that the system could deliver if it was done differently. Without getting an onsite impartial 2nd opinion though you won't really be able to find out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back