1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

New Mitre Saw for Frame Making?

Discussion in 'Wood / Woodwork / Carpentry' started by Foresty Forest, 15 Jul 2021.

1. Foresty Forest

Foresty Forest

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I need a new mitre saw for frame making. Any advice on which one to choose? Does the ones with a laser work accurately enough (how does it work?)? I use moulding up to 4' (100mm). I'll buy 2nd hand to get more for my money.

Thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. blup

blup

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I use Makita as a diyer, very solid and accurate cuts. Dewalt are good too. Other cheaper tools are available but may not be as reliable longer term or benefit from as comprehensive a warranty. A double bevel with a 90mm plus depth of cut and a 300m slide capacity should cover most situations.

But a single bevel smaller capacity model will probably suit your current requirements, like this:

Makita LS0815FLN/2 216mm Electric Single-Bevel Sliding Mitre Saw 240V | Mitre Saws | Screwfix.com

You will need a greater depth of cut if the 4" you refer to is the depth and the moulding cannot be laid flat for cutting.

Blup

Edit to link to 230 volt model (£70 dearer for some reason)

• Thanks Thanks x 1