New Mitre Saw for Frame Making?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a new mitre saw for frame making. Any advice on which one to choose? Does the ones with a laser work accurately enough (how does it work?)? I use moulding up to 4' (100mm). I'll buy 2nd hand to get more for my money.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I use Makita as a diyer, very solid and accurate cuts. Dewalt are good too. Other cheaper tools are available but may not be as reliable longer term or benefit from as comprehensive a warranty. A double bevel with a 90mm plus depth of cut and a 300m slide capacity should cover most situations.

But a single bevel smaller capacity model will probably suit your current requirements, like this:

Makita LS0815FLN/2 216mm Electric Single-Bevel Sliding Mitre Saw 240V | Mitre Saws | Screwfix.com

You will need a greater depth of cut if the 4" you refer to is the depth and the moulding cannot be laid flat for cutting.

Blup

Edit to link to 230 volt model (£70 dearer for some reason)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back