New oil Greenstar Boiler

Its definatly red in colour, my neighbour is ringing the fuel company for me this morning to find out.

Sponsored Links
If it is the heavier oil then check which burner is fitted and contact the burner manufacturer. There will be a website. They will tell you what mods are required, possibly only a nozzle heater, and the nozzle size, pressure and combustion settings your boiler man should set. Make sure he uses a combustion gas analyser to set it up properly.
Bon chance!

Sponsored Links
Here is my response from the manufacturer:- in case anyone else is thinking of bringing one out.....

Thank you for your enquiry.

Worcester Greenstar Oil boilers are designed for use with 28-Second Kerosene fuel only. They are designed for the UK market and comply with UK regulations; these may be different outside of the UK.

28-Second Kerosene is available in many countries; different producers may introduce a variety of additives to their fuel which can have a negative effect on the boiler. We advise the use of additive free fuel, you will need to check with your fuel supplier as to what additives are used.

Please understand that our advice is for the UK market, we may not be able to offer the complete spectrum of advice for boilers installed outside of the UK.
Regards,
Technical Support
Worcester, Bosch Group

The grub screw has been removed from the fuel pump to allow the flow and return from the oil pump to the Tigerloop?

Can't believe anyone would not get a COMPETENT guy in to work out what to do.
OP look on the OFTEC site to find a decent burner engineer before you ruin a good boiler. No smoke is the only setting. There should be no obnoxious smells.
Good luck
Jeff
OOPS he's in France.......MERDE,

The grub screw has been removed from the fuel pump to allow the flow and return from the oil pump to the Tigerloop?

well spotted. Bet the bypass screw is still in the bag attached to the fuel line in the boiler case

Them W.B's are dire oil boilers imho bits of plastic , foam, ally etc

fitted 2 & that was 2 to many

well spotted. Bet the bypass screw is still in the bag attached to the fuel line in the boiler case

Not so well spotted, I thought that the screw was in unless you wanted to fit a Tigerloop but I have only ever fitted on boiler with a tigerloop and that was a long time ago....My memory is going :D

But yes, I recon that this is the problem... It runs out of a can but won't run off the tigerloop..

1. The by pass screw should be fitted IN the pump to use a tiger loop.
2. The dome head wheel on the Atkinson tankmaster should be turned fully clockwise to allow oil to flow. The movement of the spindle can be confusing as the wheel is on a left hand thread and appears to work opposite to expectation.
3. If Worcester say it is suitable only for 28 sec oil, then it probably is. If you wish to use a heavier oil, then it can probably made to work, but you will need a very experienced technician to calculate the correct oil pressure and nozzle size for the burner.

I would hestitate to use a heavier oil on a 'steamer' as if anything goes wrong, the potential for clogging up the secondary heat exchanger is greatly increased, and they are next to impossible to clean effectively.
Also, cold ignition may be a problem on such small throughput.

You are likely to experience difficulty in getting spares as quickly as you will need them if this is a boiler that is not sold in France.

might be worth checking the bypass screw was installed in the right port as well ;) regards the oil good luck on that, and youve effectively bought a boiler with no warranty.

Them W.B's are dire oil boilers imho bits of plastic , foam, ally etc

fitted 2 & that was 2 to many

Well they ARE the installers choice.....But perhaps not in this case! :mrgreen:

Not in my experience. Well built. Every boiler tested so it works out of the box. New models are easy to install and service. Backed with up with Worcester's first class support and service.

Not in my experience. Well built. Every boiler tested so it works out of the box. New models are easy to install and service. Backed with up with Worcester's first class support and service.

you must be talking of a different boiler to the ones iv fitted recently. 2 had oil pumps leaking like a sieve straight out of the box . boiler case is flimsy and you still have to dismantle the panels etc to make the oil connection. not as bad as the greenstar heatslave 1 but still a pain to fit. [/code]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back