New oversite concrete slab leak

Sponsored Links
Isn't the underfloor void below a suspended timber floor likely to fill with water if the top of the oversite concrete is below external ground level :?::!:
It might but interestingly ours doesn't seem to, i think because the clay soil seems to actually drain reasonably well over time, it never builds to standing water. Perhaps taking extra care over drainage and gradients beside the house, it wouldn't be possible for water to arrive via that route. And the water table should be a lot lower.

I suppose you could dig a french drain round the perimeter of the building, leading any collected water away (preferably towards a soakaway in lower ground). If you know which direction the water is coming from, start there.

My neighbour has a french drain at the front of his house in an attempt to reduce cellar flooding. it looks perfectly fine, like a narrow pebble path.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back