new pipe work for bathroom sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi if any one can help me i would be very gratefull

i am installing a new bathroom suit and a shower is required to be intalled, so i have been doing a bit of research and read some of the comments on this site, am now on the understanding that the cold water supply for a thermostatic low pressure shower, the cold water feed has to come from the header tank and not from the mains water supply.

what the real question is that a new sink is also being installed and a mixer tap is required. Does the rule for the shower still apply regarding the cold water feed needing to come from the header tank or can i simply take a cold feed from the mains for this.

if any one can help me thank you all

Sponsored Links
Run a separate cold supply from the loft tank to the shower. This means that it will be at the same pressure as the hot, as they are fed from the same tank. John :)

is this the same rule for a mixer tap for the sink? do i need another feed from the header tank for this if i do not have a shower installed? or can i take a sink feed straight from the mains

cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back