New plaster drying too quickly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We had one of our ceilings re-plastered yesterday. The ceiling had an artex fan pattern previously.

The plaster is already drying out and is pretty much dry in most parts. Should this be a concern or red flag?

I am concerned that the plasterer may have only skimmed over the ceiling and has not used any bonding or PVA. All in all he was here for just under 4 hours, the room is an average size.

When we have had artex ceilings re-plastered previously they have taken at least a week to fully dry out. It’s not even particularly warm or humid at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Are you happy with the finish? Any signs of cracks? If he had not used pva it would have dried as he was putting it on...as far as bonding is concerned what did he quote for?
4 hrs to skim a ceiling including cleaning up is par for the course.

Are you happy with the finish? Any signs of cracks? If he had not used pva it would have dried as he was putting it on...as far as bonding is concerned what did he quote for?
4 hrs to skim a ceiling including cleaning up is par for the course.

Finish was spot on to be fair, no cracks that I can see or tell of as yet so other than the speed of which it has dried everything seems fine.

Timing does seem okay as well, he quoted £200 for the job but never mentioned about the detail. I just assumed he would have used pva as others have done so in the past.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back