New plasterboard! need to be skimmed before tiling bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i'm starting to completely refurbish my bathroom and was wondering if i could put my tiles straight on to plasterboard without it having them skimmed over??
is it possible to do this or is it a silly idea???

Thanks

any advice would be welcome

Steve :D

Sponsored Links
No problem, Steve just whack 'em on. But make sure you haven't put plaster board on your shower wall or around your bath, if there's a shower going on the wall!!!

No problem, Steve just whack 'em on. But make sure you haven't put plaster board on your shower wall or around your bath, if there's a shower going on the wall!!!

Thanks Roy.
Yes im taking my electric shower out and replacing it with a mixer shower.
So would i have to have the shower area skimmed then tiled???
ive no bath as i took this out?

Steve

No Steve. Don't put plasterboard in a shower area..I would take this subject over to "Tiling" I can give you the answers but you would be better getting them from the "horse's mouth" so to speak...

Good luck..

Sponsored Links
No Steve. Don't put plasterboard in a shower area..I would take this subject over to "Tiling" I can give you the answers but you would be better getting them from the "horse's mouth" so to speak...

Good luck..

Ok Thanks Roy.

Yes Tom, the same. 8ftx4ft is a normal size of a sheet. 9mm and 12.5mm is the normal thickness. You'll have similar/identical?

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back