New Pressurised Vented Cylinder??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having the bathroom rehashed and was planning on putting a 2.5-3.0 Bar pump in for the shower, the bathroom shop has suggested a "pressurised Vented Cylinder" Could someone tell me please?

Where would be a good place to buy such a cylinder
How much should it cost to install
Is it a good alternative to installing a pump

I should say that with the pump option I do have to replace the existing header tank in the cupboard with 2 larger ones in the loft so this might offset the cost of the cylinder some what.

Sponsored Links
i would walk away from your bathroom shop

as they are talking sheeite

no such thing as a pressurised vented cylinder

They're talking about a thermal store which is a vented cylinder with a mains pressure coil or GB's(I'll be back again & again) heat bank :rolleyes: with external PHE.

Sponsored Links
Ahh, that could me? mains pressure vented cylinder is probably more like what he said.

IF they are talking about an unvented cylinder, you would have a store of hot water ( from 170 litres up to 300 litres ) supplied from the cold water main, giving you the same pressure of hot water at hot tap outlets

it has to be installed by a registered,competent engineer

its a good alternative to installing a shower

err dont think they are talking about a thermal store at all brother

As you already explained to the OP you cant get a "vented mains pressure cylinder" I guess it's fair to assume either they suggested an unvented cylinder or a (vented) thermal store with mains pressure coil coz there aint another, unless you know better.

Yep thats it, vented thermal store. Cold mains water going through the coil instead of the boiler water.

Maybe he has been talking to benassman; he often says vented when he means unvented. :oops:

Maybe he has been talking to benassman; he often says vented when he means unvented. :oops:

Have you been drinking or are you very tired?

I presume you mean Big Burner, Dr Drivel or George Bramwell but all you have done is to come up with a derivitive of your own name!

Or have I missed something obvious?

Found this on the net, must be what he is talking about.

Gledhill Torrent Indirect Vented Mains Pressure Foam Lagged Copper Thermal Store Cylinder - Gledhill Torrent Vented Hot Water Copper Cylinders

Gledhill Torrent Vented Mains Pressure Thermal Storage Cylinder at PlumbNation is part of the Gledhill Vented Copper Foam Lagged Domestic Cylinders range.

The Gledhill Torrent hot water cylinders is a mains pressure hot water cylinder incorporating a thermal store. The Gledhill Torrent vented cylinder range is a hot water thermal store that does not require expensive safety valves and is designed to upgrade existing traditional hot water systems.

Gledhill Torrent Indirect Cylinders are heated electrically, and is a combination unit that incorporates a feed and expansion tank.

Gledhill Torrent Indirect Vented Mains Pressure Foam Thermal Store Cylinder:

* Mains Pressure hot water giving "power shower" performance
* Up to 25 litres per minute filling a standard bath in 3-4 minutes.
* A dry roof space eliminating the risk of freezing pipes/tanks in winter.
* Increased system efficiency, reducing running costs.

Gledhill Torrent Vented Hot Water Cylinders can be fitted to existing systems, including existing boiler and controls, where appropriate. All cylinders are produced under BS EN ISO 9001:2000 quality systems.

5 Year Manufacturers Guarantee

Have you been drinking or are you very tired?

I presume you mean Big Burner, Dr Drivel or George Bramwell but all you have done is to come up with a derivitive of your own name!

Or have I missed something obvious?
You have.
For some bizarre reason, I often write unvented when I mean vented and vice versa.

Ahh, that could me? mains pressure vented cylinder is probably more like what he said.

IF they are talking about an unvented cylinder, you would have a store of hot water ( from 170 litres up to 300 litres ) supplied from the cold water main, giving you the same pressure of hot water at hot tap outlets

it has to be installed by a registered,competent engineer

its a good alternative to installing a shower

You forgot the annual service charge. He is better with a vented DHW only thermal store. Main pressure, about the same cost and no annual service. He can run his CH off it if he wants and have an even better system.

An example is here is the Newark thermal store. The CH is taken off a coil, connections G, isolating the section where sludge is created, the radiators. The cylinder is heated directly from a cheap vented heating boiler, connections F, with a cheap expansion vessel kit and Alpha pump on the CH circuit and TRVs all all rads. They just go on and on and stores are easy on boilers as no boiler cycling.

thermalstorecombiinddia.jpg

http://www.newarkcoppercylinder.co.uk/cylinders/thermal_store/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back