New Pressurised Vented Cylinder??

Thanks George, that's what he is talking about. Could you tell me the answers to my original questions? I was getting quite convinced of the benefits however I was a bit unsure of the costs involved.

Sponsored Links
I am having the bathroom rehashed and was planning on putting a 2.5-3.0 Bar pump in for the shower, the bathroom shop has suggested a "pressurised Vented Cylinder" Could someone tell me please?

Where would be a good place to buy such a cylinder
How much should it cost to install
Is it a good alternative to installing a pump

I should say that with the pump option I do have to replace the existing header tank in the cupboard with 2 larger ones in the loft so this might offset the cost of the cylinder some what.

1. Thermal store or "heat bank". Heat banks use pumps, while thermal stores are non-electric. There are DHW only and CH & DHW.
2. A good dealer will supply. Shop around.
3. Installation costs about the same as an unvented cylinder.
4. Depending on the main pressure an flow all the taps in the house will have mains pressure.
5. No tanks in the loft. The thermal store can go in the loft saving space in the house.

Is your boiler a system boiler (presurised)?

Hi, thanks for the input george. The present system is a gravity fed boiler with a pump and a 3 way valve. Is it just a case of if the supply pressure is ok installing the new tank to the existing pipework?

You'd be better calling him by his previous names, Dr Drivel, Big burner or water systems ;)

Sponsored Links
Anyone got any more info, don't seem to be able to find much on the net. Might be looking for the wrong thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back