NEW PRIMED DOORS AND SKIRTING BOARD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I would like to ask what is the process in painting the doors and the skirting board?
They are already primed. I had to fill the skirting board where the screws were and in other few places with wood filler.
Now I tried to sand it down with 180 sanding paper but the primer comes off as well around the filler.
I also watched a video on YouTube and said that is better to sand the skirting after every coat of paint. Is that true? So I have to do this even with the doors and the frames?

I attached two pictures with them.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20210805_211509.jpg
    20210805_211509.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 20210805_211503.jpg
    20210805_211503.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
Not yet. I am planning to give a sanding to all of them and after apply the Knotting.
Thank you!

You can't light sand that filler. Best thing to do is sand it right down where the filler is flush with the rest of the skirting board and then use a primer over the top.
Dab any knots first.
You could always use a water based primer / undercoat. And then a couple of coats of your chosen too coat. Very light sanding between coats.
As for the door I would also use the primer /undercoat and then your top coats.

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much! Yes, it is not a light sand. I have patches where I had the screw holes because the primer came off. I will put primer on those first and after a coat of primer all over.

I have an undercoat from Dulux and the top coat it's eggshell from Dulux.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back