New programmer but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fit a new central heating/hot water programmer but I can't get the hot water to work. On turning on the central heating the boiler fires up and the radiators get hot however on turning on the hot water nothing happens. I am wondering if i've wired it up correctly so i would really appreciate any help if i havent.

The programmer is a Dayton Lifestyle LP522 and the following pics are of the wiring diagram off the programmer and also how ive wired up the back plate.

Daytonprogrammerwiring01.jpg

programmerwiring.jpg

Sponsored Links
You need to describe your system type.I don't see the reason to link L and 1.Do you have two x 2 port or one 3 port valves fitted to your system?

My system consists of a baxi back boiler, and up in the airing cupboard there are two 2 port motorised valves

Ive just removed the link between N and 1 and it makes no different.

Sponsored Links
Removing the link is ok and now the wiring is ok for S plan as your system is with 2 x 2 port valves.I would now suggest that you check the HW valve and make sure that you have power to the motor in the valve(normally on the brown wire) and if you have power there then suspect the synchron motor in the valve.

previous programmer was a switchmaster 9001

When you swapped the wires over did you go "heating on" to "heating on" etc, or did you swap them "1" for "1", "2" for "2" etc?

Also you seem to have a permanent live to HW off via link?

Remove the Brown Link between L -1 this will serve no purpose, are you sure your motorised valves are getting a signal to open ? unless you are a handy sparks I would get a Heating Service Engineer to take a look! ;)

I wired it heating off to heating off etc...

I've now taken the link out.

There were two new Honeywell motorised valves fitted about 3 months ago as the hot water valve wasn't working. I can't find my multi meter to check for power at the moment however it was all working prior to changing the programmer.

Start off with identifying every cable by testing it, mark them at each end, and make a nice large diagram of your system wiring.

Well i went up to the airing cupboard and took the front cover off the distribution junction box to find a complete mess. I won't be using the central heating engineer that changed my motorised valves 3 months ago again. I'm surprised that i am still alive as it was a ticking timebomb. I went and bought a new junction box, identified all the wiring and re wired everything in correctly. As soon as i done this everything now works fine.

Thanks for all the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back