1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

New purchase Evolution R210SMS+ query

Discussion in 'Tools and Materials' started by GusGF, 3 Mar 2019.

1. GusGF

GusGF

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've just bought the R210SMS+ Mitre saw and have just completed assembling it, I'm a DIY'er and got this piece of kit from amazon for £129 which I think is pretty good value and it's had good reviews. But I've noticed there is slight play in the rotary table probably less than 0.5 degree. I'm a little worried this will effect the quality and precision of cuts. Should this be so?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. crank39

crank39

Thanks Received:
    Barbados
    You could of got it 30 quid cheaper at screwfix and its a lot easier to return. The quality of the castings and the accuracy are to be expected at that price point unfortunately

4. JobAndKnock

JobAndKnock

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It will affect the accuracy. It is probably caused by slop in the detentes below the turntable

5. GusGF

GusGF

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Nope, I got the plus package which I felt was worth it for me :)

Enough of a reason to return it and get a replacement I wonder, have emailed Evolution?

6. Notch7

Notch7

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Does it happen at every detent?

A bit unlikely, but is there any adjustment? Does it move once locked?

Ive got a dewalt -no play whatsoever once its locked

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. GusGF

GusGF

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Actually feel a bit silly now, it was in the back of my mind that I might need to lock it in but your response prompted me to check this and yes once locked it's solid. I guess that's good enough, thanks :)

8. Not really. It's a sub £200 mitre saw. If you want to eliminate that 0.5deg of slop you'd need to spend a lot more money if you're relying on detents alone.

I presume there's a locking rod on it, best option is to set it using an accurate Square and lock it. Could always return it and see if you get a better one but in this instance I think it's a case of you'd paid your money and made your choice.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sponsored Links
  10. GusGF

GusGF

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes I think I'll stick with it as I'm not going to be doing any cutting that requires perfection esp considering my DIY skills :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Meedenvale

Meedenvale

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all, I also have an Evolution R210sms. 210 mm 240V, fine so far. However, I would like to be able to hook up a hose to the dust extraction port then the other end to a cyclone. However, unsure of the size of hose attachment. It states 36 mm, but unsure if this universal or specific to Evolution. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

12. JobAndKnock

JobAndKnock

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    36mm is a fairly common size for industrial vacuum cleaners - domestic cleaners, like the Henry, often require an adaptor (or gaffer tape)

13. MrBenchmark

MrBenchmark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You can use waste pipe fittings to connect it to hoover. Metabo make the best and often copied compound mitre saws.
    I just bought the Metabo KGS 18 LTX 216 18v Cordless Sliding Compound Mitre Saw which is great and i also have the big 254mm 230 volt one as well.

14. martin hill

martin hill

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I got the r210 and each slot it tight as a drum. Return it for a refund. amazon is good but nowt easier than returning an item to a shop instead of posting.

15. conny

conny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    On the Evolution there is a slight play in the détente until locked in, however, I set it up with a set square against the blade and then inserted a small sliver of steel shim at the left side of the indent before locking into place. Perfectly aligned though if I set to another angle I have to replace the shim with a new piece as the old one will have been crushed slightly. Depending on how precisely accurate you need/want to be you may be able to push the handle to the left or right as you do your cut.

Sponsored Links