new radiator not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently addaed a radiator to my heating system in the conservatory. i found the pipework form the nearest radiator in the wall and joined in from here. the piepwork is 10mm minibore. the radiator supply pipe is very hot and tha radiator heats up very slowly and not much, but the other pipe remains cold. i asked a handyman who said he knew what he was talking aobut and its fine to just jump form the exisitng pipework is this true? if its not what can i do. my system is a glowworm boiler, feed tanks in the loft( 1 heating 1 hot water) and a storage tamk in the cupbord

Sponsored Links
sorry what do you meen? i have used 10mm copper and connected to 10mm copper, the entire system is this size apart form around the tanks/ boiler where it is 22mm/15mm

you cannot run more than one rad from 10mm pipe, so if the other rad is fed with 10mm then the new one will never work very well. should have consulted a plumber not an unqualified , SOZ :)

Sponsored Links
Very common mistake to make.Your new rad needs a dedicated supply and not teed off 10mm already supplying one rad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back