New radiator on one pipe system, is this ok?

Sponsored Links
it wasnt a serious suggestion that he put a secondary pump on the rad loop... :LOL:

but u could , and if you did , youd connect to the primary loop with.... 'closely spaced tees'

somebody els mentioned 'closely spaced tees'

my point was more that these actually do have a useful purpose sometimes and that is similar to a llh

Chris

'Closely spaced tees' are used on a LLH/ring in order to avoid any nuisance circulation through the secondary heating/HW circuits when demand is not called for , due to the low resistance between the two tees header/ring pumps will have no influence with regard to flow through these circuits , huge savings can be made with regard to zone valves not being required................I would imagine fitting a pump above the floor under the rad would be a bit of an eye sore. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
He was talking about using a circulator coupled with closely spaced tees. ;)

Ok so the new piping has been done, the pipe run from the main circuit is about 1.5 meters! So I think plenty of space.

The pipe with the end cap was the original connection but has now been capped, the distance from the feed was about 20cm.

Cheers

I don't think I'm gonna like this. :rolleyes:

Where's the other end and the bit in the middle.

Well the other end goes to the original tee but as its disconnected its been capped.

The other end of the new connection is more than a meter away from the tee out of the ring.

Yep it's just like the image, except that the left feed has an extra bit of copper with an end cap now.

Yep it's just like the image, except that the left feed has an extra bit of copper with an end cap now.

Your pic is nothing like mine.

There's no link pipe under the radiator.

or if you are saying you have teed off the main run and dropped the pipe to the rad you should read my post again.

Best thing you can do before you go any further is post a line drawing showing what you had in mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back