New roof just done (is this a bodged job?)

closer look shows some ridge metal fixing plates are missing.

there are more issues but i think everyone gets the general idea

Sponsored Links
What is evident is that some are bonded and some are not (the joints between tiles are in line) and that is wrong. And the way its finished at the top near the ridge is crap with that top row of tiles. Either lazy or clueless roofers.

I have quickly looked at other flat tiled roofs and you’re right that none of them have joints between tiles aligned; how is this be a problem?
I can see how it would look better with staggered joints, is there any other reason?

What do you mean with ‘some are bonded and some are not’?

Sponsored Links
None are half bonded .
You might ask them why yours are not bonded like your neighbours and how come the ridge tile does not cover the top course of tiles on the front and why at the rear is there a doubled up course of tiles . ( It's because they bu ggered it up.
The plastic dry verge won't fit correctly at that point either.

It's just a mess

The plastic dry verge won't fit correctly at that point either.

It's just a mess

I just had a look because I hadn’t taken a picture after they finished
This is how they’ve done it
2912B4C1-822B-418F-947F-9B151B7E50E8.jpeg

They must have been ree, Vinn and bobasd, assisted by Roy and Pete. Erstwhile dodgy roofers/handymen. (well known on Diynot);)

What I don’t understand is why they had to use an additional final row of tiles

this is how it looked before they fitted the dry verge: wouldn’t the ridge still sit on a tile if the additional row was not there?
7FB87322-D5F8-4323-872F-B7B9BDA23333.jpeg

Because the batten spacing was wrong, they could have still cut and drilled the top row of tiles tho to keep it even

The additional course of tiles is because the tile gauge is messed up.
There is no need for cut courses on this roof.
The other side top course is not covered by the ridge tile.

I wouldn't pay and get it done correctly by a roofer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back