New roof tile slipped - roofer doesn't want to know

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a new roof fitted in March and a tile has slipped. The batten holding it was short of the rafter.

The original roofer isn't interested in fixing.

Is it possible (please humour me) to have the tiles permanently fixed to the battens as opposed to simply being hung on the battens via the tile nibs?

So glue or nails or screws? So they're there forever regardless?

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
There are a lot of variables with tiles and fixing requirements such as style of tile, size, roof pitch and even where you live due to weather conditions varying greatly from North to South etc. Most standard Marley concrete interlocking tiles have a nailed course on every third row and the eaves and verges and it may be that the roofer has nailed some as per spec and an unnailed tile has come loose but, in short, yes it is possible to nail more tiles if you need to.

Sponsored Links
They are Marley tiles and bloody heavy things, there were some left behind which the guy told us we could keep and I could only carry three of them at a time.

And apologies for my "roofers eh" comment - I shouldn't crudely generalise that all roofers are cowboys and I have edited my original post.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back