New shed - mounting options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have started the process of moving and replacing my shed but have a few questions. Firstly, i am installing a concrete base as i dont want a wooden floor as i have to drive a ride on to it and i may be undertaking some messy operations including oil. I was going to lay a course of engineering brick (to prolong the life)before i mount the new shed (that I am building) to it. What is the best way to mount the sills of the shed to the concrete - i was thinking of drilling holes and using epoxy resin and threaded bar?

Any pointers welcome, i was going to complete the frame and shiplap panelling first then move on to the roof...

Shed will be 3m x 5m

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It will be 3x2 treated frame with shiplap panelling. You reckon bed in mortar. How is best to do that, bearing in mind i as gonna use a course of enineering brick to lift the bottom off the ground.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If building a sub base of engineering bricks, mortar to smooth...dpc... then shed on top.

Dry run of shed assembly on concrete base making sure all is level/parallel and square, get eight suitable coachbolts and drill each touching set of corner studs through with a clearance drill, bolt assembly together and check again. If you need to make any adjustments, make them now. Mark everything up.

Best to use a fairly stiff mortar, then with help place shed panels onto mortar, bolting each panel loosely until all are in place. Once checked you can nip up all the nuts progressively. That should do it...pinenot :)

It will be 3x2 treated frame with shiplap panelling. You reckon bed in mortar. How is best to do that, bearing in mind i as gonna use a course of enineering brick to lift the bottom off the ground.

Thanks

4"x2" would be better ,what design roof are you having?2 or three courses of bricks depending on design of slab would get you out of the wet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back