New Shower Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house does not have shower. I am re-doing my bathroom and I want to fit one.

I have a Glowworm 18si Condensing boiler fitted in the bathroom (2nd floor) with a hot water cylinder underneath it in the same cupboard and a cold water tank in the loft immediately above it.

Firstly, I don't know what shower to buy. Electric or mixer ? I am edging towards mixer as I don't have to call in an electrician.

If it is mixer... what type ? thermostatic or normal

Secondly, how do I make sure I don't have pressure issues (i have no idea what shower pressure will be like).

Can anyone offer me some help.

Sponsored Links
For a gravity shower, it all depends on the distance between the bottom of the cold water storage tank in the loft and the shower rose......ideally the minimum is 2 metres ideally (0.2 bar pressure) for decent results, and that's fed with 22mm pipe.
You can also consider a pumped shower, or a power shower (which boost gravity supply pressure) as well as electric.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back