New Shower not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Hope you can help.

Just before christmas the heat control handle fell us my shower. Everything else worked fine, just couldn't adjust the temp anymore. Eventually got round to ordering a replacement (Hudson Reed Traditional Dual Exposed Thermostatic Shower Valve A3091E, not exactly the same but close). I followed the instructions and everything worked fine. The next morning, nothing. I took everything back apart to double check I hadn't made a mistake, put it all back together and it worked! Until the following morning and nothing again.

Deciding it was a problem with the Thermostatic Cartridge i contacted the seller to get a replacement. A few days later withe the replacement installed the shower was working…. until the next morning

It is a static head shower and I found that if I drained all the water out of the head and mixer the shower would work (once). but even this has stopped working now….

Any ideas?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you checked if the inlet filters are getting clogged up. There could be debris in the pipework, maybe worth removing valve and letting water pass through pipework.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Looks like I have broke/fixed ito_O.
I took the unit off the wall to check for debris. All good so I thought I would remove the filters inside to try a get a better idea of what could be stopping the flow. In doing so I slipped and poked through the mesh and damaged the valve (thermostat?) behind the filter. I have a replacement so thought 'screw it' and poked out the other side as-well.
Shower is working but not strictly in the way it is designed to:sneaky:
New question is - What now? Can I leave it like this? Does the fact that it works now mean that previously the pump was too under powered to open the valves?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back