New Syphon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a new syphon to our toilet, and we've had a number of issues with it regarding the flush. I originally had a 9" syphon, and after struggling to get it to work, tried an 8".

This is slightly better, but if you flush it at just the wrong speed (ie. how my daughter uses it), it won't flush. I've tried changing the diaphram, and no joy.

This is upsetting my daughter, as she's only 5.

The toilet downstairs works fine, and its the same make of syphon, and also about 8".

Is it just luck between different syphons, or is there some otyher issue, such as the angle of the lever?

Sponsored Links
The diaphragm needs to be fully pulled up if at all possible, and keep the water level in the cistern as high as possible too - just under the overflow.
John :)

Thank you for the reply.

I've set the lever so it can't rotate over, so its stopped by the diaphram, so I assume its going as high as it will go.

And I've set the water level to just below the over flow.

Its a Macdee Metro oblong adjustable flush syphon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back