New to woodworking... Looking for help on a plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I am a total noob to woodworking. I have done some small repair work etc but never build anything from wood. That was the past. Now I am thinking of spending a bit more time on actually making something. My better half has assigned me a project. She wants a Windows bench seat with storage space in it. To me it is like a trunk with hinged lid with some type of cushion on top for sitting.

I am sure I can come up with a box and then simply put a lid and base on it. But I am also sure that doing it this way I will not have a decent looking results. My question is, can someone recommend a plan that I can follow to create such a thing?

Thank you in advance...

Sponsored Links
Mate getting her to do the plan is the way to go. You know how difficult it is to please them.

Thank you ChippBoy :)

I understand your reply. :)

I was more looking for an actual build plan so I know how to build a decent looking box etc.

ChippyBoy said:
Mate getting her to do the plan is the way to go. You know how difficult it is to please them.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Masona. It looks like something that I might be able to use. Unfortunately I want able to load the image that shows the actual plan. Does it load on your side? I tried several different methods but was not able to see the plan itself.

Thanks.

masona said:
Is this any good? Although there's many ways of making one.

Hi again,

I finally got it to load. This is good but I need something that is stand alone instead of permanently attaches to the wall. Any ideas?

Thank you.

masona said:
Is this any good? Although there's many ways of making one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back