New Treads needed, ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi we have recently bought a modular stair system ( [http://www.spiralstairs-direct.co.uk/shop/shopimages/products/normal/KOMPACT%20L_GREY-LIGHT%20800.jpg] ) but some of the treads are damaged. On inspecting the treads they look like they are built from strips of 2x2 glued together with no biscuits or dowels. This construction reminds me of a kitchen counter and doesn't fill me with huge confidence, but they must be safe! they are beech and the size is 370x700x50mm.

We need to replace the broken ones, or replace them all with a new wood type, but I can't find any off the shelf sizes so I'm guessing they will need to be glued again. I've email the stair manufactures to see about replacements. but can anyone else point me in a direction of a way to sort this problem? (cheap is better, as always!)

thanks.[/url]

Sponsored Links
How recent is your purchase? Surely this is a guarantee issue, unless you are saying you have damaged them subsequent to delivery?

they were bought off Ebay. The seller stored them outside! Still the metal structure is sound, just the treads need attention.

cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back