New van

I know the manager of a Vauxhall dealership who says he wouldn't touch the Vivaro/Trafic/Primastar with a bargepole, seen too many broken ones with fairly low miles, he's bought himself a VW Transporter. I'd say Ford Transit or VW Transporter every time. If you want to keep your pipe/ladders secure, a medium roof SWB Transit is just long enough to get pipe in the top of the roof inside (with it extending over the cab) so you can get some racks up there and store it away from theiving b******s. More streamlined and fuel-friendly than a roof rack with top tubes and a ladder on it as well ;)

Sponsored Links
If you want to keep your pipe/ladders secure, a medium roof SWB Transit is just long enough to get pipe in the top of the roof inside (with it extending over the cab) so you can get some racks up there and store it away from theiving b******s. More streamlined and fuel-friendly than a roof rack with top tubes and a ladder on it as well ;)

I have done this and can get 3m pipe/conduit/trunking and a good sized set of steps in and the van is no longer than a volvo estate which is great for parking in the city if you don't want to go down to connect sized van.

Hyundai iload is definately worth a look. 100k/5yr warranty, well equipped, nice drive. Looks smart. Probably gonna get one myself but only thing I don't like is the side panels doesn't lend itself well to sign writing.

Sponsored Links
One of my vans is a Vivaro. 19000 miles engine went (water pump failed and head cracked). Fixed under warranty, new engine, but off the road for 8 weeks. Apart from that :rolleyes: it's an ok van.
Prefer the transit myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back