New WB 30CDi Installation...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

In process of getting a new combi fitted and just wanted about 2 things...

a) What happens to my existing CH pump? Am I right in think the combi has it's own so does the old one just get binned?

b) What happens to the wiring to the immerision heater? Can this be used to power the new boiler? I assume so but it'll need a smaller fuse (3/5A I guess as it's probably 30A now?).

Thanks in advance for your views...

Sponsored Links
A) Yes
B) Perhaps, depends what is most convenient to the new boiler position.

I'm intrigued why you don't ask your installer these questions.

And why he hasn't told you what he is going to do in the quote I assume you have accepted?

A) Yes
B) Perhaps, depends what it most convenient to the new boiler position.

I'm intrigued why you don't ask your installer these questions.

And why he hasn't told you what he is going to do in the quote I assume you have accepted?

Hi Simond - thanks for your quick reply. I'm just being nosy! It doesnt really make a difference to me I just wanted to know. :)

Sponsored Links
The installer may be one of these agressive plumber types who would reply with a load of verbal abuse if he was asked anything.

IS135-047.jpg

If I was looking to get any plumbing work done then I would not give the job to anyone who was swearing.

The installer may be one of these agressive plumber types who would reply with a load of verbal abuse if he was asked anything.

IS135-047.jpg

If I was looking to get any plumbing work done then I would not give the job to anyone who was swearing.

Haha - where did you get that picture of my proposed plumber? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back