New WC Cistern operating bar.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a disabled toilet in work where the paddle handle is on the right hand side of the cistern when viewed from the front. The paddle has a short square sectioned bar inserted which then connects to a wire loop which raises the syphon plunger. I have been asked to move the paddle to the left to make it more accessible to use. Can I get a longer length of the operating bar, to allow me to move the paddle to the correct side, or will I need to remove the syphon assembly and turn it through 180 degrees?

Sponsored Links
1. Can't tell for sure without photographs of what you have.
2. But I doubt you could move the operating handle to the other side without rotating the syphon.
3. Is the existing handle at the right hand side of the FRONT of the cistern, or actually mounted on the right hand side of the cistern?

It's mounted on the actual right hand side of the cistern, not the front face. There is a corresponding hole on the left side which is currently blanked off.
I will try to get a photo tomorrow which will make things much clearer. If it's a case of moving the syphon then we will have to get the builders back as it's an enclosed system with no pipework on show. Even the seats are held in place by screws passing through the holes to threaded plates inside with no side access and if you undo the screws too far the plate will drop down out of reach.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back