New windows

Sponsored Links
Have you got a postal address or an email for him, does he work out of a unit or from home? I would say from now on no phone calls only emails, state you only want the job finishing and to an acceptable standard, do not refuse to pay in fact make it clear you are willing to pay the agreed price when the job has been completed and to your satisfaction, technically you have to give him the opportunity to put everything right before you go down the legal road, others might be better placed advising on the legal route, I believe its quite easy to do online

Yes i have his address and email.
Ive already made it clear to him i will pay once the job is finished.
He says some of the issues i have with his work wont be corrected because there is nothing wrong with it:LOL:.
I will get up a ladder and take some better photos for evidence.
I will put it all in writing and email it to him
"as soon as i have a spare week to write it".
Thanks for all the replies so far

Im about to email a list of defects to the installer.
But unsure of the name of bonding/sealant used in the picture.
Thanks
Screenshot_20210606-155329.png

Sponsored Links
Should the trim(architrave) be over the top of the other trim and not be sitting behind it??
Also how far should the panes of glass be sitting inside the frame(behind the seal)
Some are 1mm and others 10mm or more.
Thanks

Last edited:
The general finishing is untidy, poor sealing up, dirty finger prints etc, unsure of the sealant used but ideally low mod neutral cure.

Units should be centralised within the frame and have equal coverage all round, it's not super critical to be millimetre perfect but I'd expect to be within 2-3mm not 10mm, if you have some windows that are very close in size to each other it may be that the units are in the wrong windows but I can't say that for certain without seeing and measuring every similar size window you have

The sealant which is in the pic is rock hard unlike silicone. All the dirt is stuck there now
The front window has 3 panes each one is central in the frame but the big pane looks too small as it is on the very edge of the seal.
I hope this makes sense
20210606_175827.jpg
20210606_175931.jpg
20210606_180542.jpg
20210606_180018.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back