New York

new york city to niagra falls is 8-9 hour drive.
best part of the falls is on the canadian side.
Empire state building has a 2-3 hour line up due to sequrity check.
they have great shows on chicago highly rececommended takes place in 1930s the theater hasn't been renovated since the 30s, very small seats.

Sponsored Links
new york city to niagra falls is 8-9 hour drive.
best part of the falls is on the canadian side.

Or a couple of hours in a plane (to Buffalo) followed by 30 minute drive, although when I went, a US internal flight was like catching a bus - arrive 10 minutes before departure. Not quite the same now :(

If it's an organised trip you may need to decide whether to either take a boat ride at the falls or enter the tunnels which come out right in front of the falling water which was spectacular. When I went in winter (snowing) the boat wasn't running but I think I had the better option.

Sponsored Links
Wow thanks for all the ideas. :D

I'm now beginning to wonder if 6 nights will be enough to see it all :LOL: (It will have to be. I'm just a poor electrician afterall)

I will get a photo of those lights just for you rocky :D

Thanks rf, :D
I think you may like them
have put them in theme pubs , but never seen a real live american one

you could allways visit jerremies ale house on the eastern seaboard under the manhatton bridge.

[/net]

The bra bar! I think I was in that one. Was jammed full of blokes drinking weak American lager and getting far too easily ****ed on it. There was way too much testosterone floating about and the only lasses there were behind the bar. Didn't stay for more than a couple in case it turned into the Blue Oyster Bar :eek:

Nearly 10 years since we were there, but here goes

Circle Line ferries do a round trip around manhattan with commentary, the fella doing ours was a real character

Near the ferry terminal is USS Intrepid a naval museum based around an aircraft carrier

We were bit let down by Niagara although it was out of season and not much going on, we travelled back to NY by train followed the Hudson Valley most of the way - very nice scenery

We also tried Korean cuisine for the first (and last ) time 7th Ave??

Crystal have you not tried the Korean meatballs at Ldil seemingly they are the the dogs bollo#s

I think the meatballs would have been preferable to "tentacles in washing up water", dont get me wrong it was a really nice restaurant full of Koreans eating away

Sponsored Links
Back