New Zealand

It is wrong. IMO, for sport, you should only be able to compete with the gender you were born with.

This woman has years of testosterone fuelled training and muscle growth, providing a totally unfair advantage.

Should not be allowed. People should have to make a decision to either compete in sports or have gender reassignment etc., or there should be a 3rd category for transgender athletes.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I deduce that you are not a female athlete

And you are not concerned about women being elbowed aside from the chance to win gold medals.

is it right? Is it fair?
I'm not a weight lifting female athlete. Get it right, please.
There are many points of dissension in sport, e.g. the classification of Paralympians.
There were many silly points of dissension about different ethnic sporting abilities at one time.
It is what it is. Why should transgender people be excluded from sport?
Or if we're not going to exclude them, how are we going to include them?

it seems that Bobby was just guessing.
No I read that she had passed the test required. I didn't go into detail about what those tests were.
I merely asked if transam was bothered, as he mentioned the issue.
I'm not, you are. That's OK with me.
For me, inclusion is more important than classification of disability or gender.

Also, isn't the athlete's weight taken into account in weightlifting?
So an athlete with "male muscle" would be penalised by their body weight anyway.
Not to mention the additional cock and balls. :rolleyes:

As I said before - they should reclassify the women's weight divisions to be the same as the men's, then that bloke from New Zealand would be the only one in the class.

Why should transgender people be excluded from sport?

Because it is effectively cheating. If a woman took testosterone injections from the age of 13 and trained as a powerlifter, she'd be banned from the sport.
But it's OK for a man to train then become a woman?

Or if we're not going to exclude them, how are we going to include them?

Have their own category. It should be no different from doping. Maybe sport needs doping & transgender categories so those that want to do this can compete, and everybody else continue to compete naturally.

The difference in male and female strength is huge, it is completely unfair to allow this in professional sports.

In Wimbledon we'll soon see the new mixed doubled champions, Mr Nadal and Ms Federer.

Because it is effectively cheating. If a woman took testosterone injections from the age of 13 and trained as a powerlifter, she'd be banned from the sport.
But it's OK for a man to train then become a woman?
If someone transgenders in order to compete in a women's category, would that be akin to cutting off a limb so that you could compete in the Paralympians category? If people are so desperate for a medal that they'll go that far, well I'm not bothered.
But it's a bit like finding a walking stick so you intentionally injure your leg just so you can use the stick.

Have their own category. It should be no different from doping. Maybe sport needs doping & transgender categories so those that want to do this can compete, and everybody else continue to compete naturally.

The difference in male and female strength is huge, it is completely unfair to allow this in professional sports.

In Wimbledon we'll soon see the new mixed doubled champions, Mr Nadal and Ms Federer.
I gather the difference is mainly down to mass, which is heavier. So my previous comment on the athlete's weight will automatically penalise the heavier athlete.
( I nearly made an intentional misspelling of penalise as a Freudian slip.)

If the Olympics allow professional athletes, hasn't it already lost its original roots?

I gather the difference is mainly down to mass, which is heavier.

No, testosterone not only helps build more muscle, it also allows you to train harder, and maybe be important in strength of connective tissue, ligaments and tendons, which ultimately means you can train harder still and get fewer injuries.

Having 10 years of testosterone production in your training regime just gives and obviously unfair advantage in women's sports.

It's just not fair, plain and simple.

If someone transgenders in order to compete in a women's category, would that be akin to cutting off a limb so that you could compete in the Paralympians category?
No.

If people are so desperate for a medal that they'll go that far, well I'm not bothered.
But the women are.

But it's a bit like finding a walking stick so you intentionally injure your leg just so you can use the stick.
No, it isn't.

I gather the difference is mainly down to mass, which is heavier. So my previous comment on the athlete's weight will automatically penalise the heavier athlete.
How, if he is ten stone heavier than the next woman in the maximum over the 192lb class?

( I nearly made an intentional misspelling of penalise as a Freudian slip.)
I nearly did the same in saying you can't.

It might be annoying for women who have worked and trained their whole lives to reach the pinnacle of women's sports, to be pushed aside by a person who has been training and competing in mens sport.

Is this really "self identifying?" So it would include a woman with cock, balls, testosterone and male muscle?

If so, then it is a clear misuse of the term "woman."

A good definition of a "woman" is "an adult human female"

A bad definition of a "woman" is "anybody who claims to be one"

Totally agree. Well said.

No, testosterone not only helps build more muscle, it also allows you to train harder, and maybe be important in strength of connective tissue, ligaments and tendons, which ultimately means you can train harder still and get fewer injuries.

Having 10 years of testosterone production in your training regime just gives and obviously unfair advantage in women's sports.

Is it fair that some athletes have superb training facilities and others don't?
Is it fair that some athletes have access to fantastic equipment and others don't?
Is it fair that some have access to the best diet, etc, and others don't?
Is it fair that some athletes and their families are pressurised into training and others aren't?
It's not the level playing field that it's made out to be. ('scuse the pun)

Absolutely. Once you've "Been on" you are never natural again. Even years later.

If someone transgenders in order to compete in a women's category, would that be akin to cutting off a limb so that you could compete in the Paralympians category?

I'm glad you asked that stupid question, because it shows you have failed to grasp the problem.

There is no need to cut off a limb.

It would be akin to you simply running, on your two legs, into the sports committee, and saying "I have no legs, therefore I qualify to compete in the Paralympics"

Sponsored Links
Back