Newbie to Decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if I appear to be a bit dim.:eek:
I am going to build a deck about 8 metres long by 6 mters across .

The deck will be supported each end of the 6 metre dimension by a concrete path adjoing the house and a solid concrete block wall (slightly lower than the path but level along it's length) Having read a bit online my thoughts are to support the joists on adjustable joist supports like these https://www.envirobuild.com/products/deck-pedestal

Can anyone advise what size joists I should use ( boss lady wants chevron patterns so presumably 300mm apart @) and what span it will cover - ie how many supports will I need.

Many Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If swmbo has never had a deck before, she may not be aware that dirt and water lie in the anti-slip grooves, and it is almost impossible for them to drain or be swept or hosed away unless the grooves run, unobstructed, in a straight line to an edge of the decking where there is no obstruction such as a railing. Steps have the grooves running from side to side so will be dirty unless they overhang their supports.

If the surface is arranged like herringbone parquet, it will never be clean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back