Newly installed kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have just recently had a new kitchen installed and I have a few concerns. When installing a new kitchen is there any legal requirements that need to be adhered to? Especially, around fitting the oven and hood? These have simply been plugged into the sockets previously used, but this is just a socket under the units and is not wired in directly to the fuse box? We have also had a socket moved so that we can have it nearer to the work surface.

I am probably worrying, but I haven't paid in full for the works and do not want to get stitched up.

Advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A single oven and hood CAN simply be plugged in. But it is the norm to hide the sockets behind the appliances, with suitable local isolation, such as a fused spur or 20 amp switch elsewhere.

You are in luck!

With Part P, the electrician who did the work in the kitchen will have had to do the work to the relavent standards, provide you with a certificate for the work done AND notify the local authority that the work has been completed in accordance with Building Regs, etc.

Now is the time to ask where it all is if you havent got the documentation. This will give you a comeback if you later discover that the work done does not comply with regs etc...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back