Next door neighbor still using video and old non digital tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The video also has a dvd player the tv only has one scart but the video has two. I connected it up for her and the dvd plays brilliantly, but when I put a tape in all I get on the screen is (no signal from scart) tried cleaning with tape but still no good is it caput or am I missing some thing it's a long time since I changed to digital.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes with combo units, you have to physically switch from dvd to video and vise versa, simply inserting the tape and playing possibly stiill leaves the unit in dvd mode , hence the no signal.

It may be as simple as switching from one to the other with the remote.

Another possible option, Is if the ariel is also looped through the Video and then to the TV, if so with the video playing, you should see the counter operating , pause it, then scan the analoque channels on the tv and see if it finds the still picture, then note the channel.
It may be the lead is switching the TV to the scart input and looking to see a dvd playing.
Though I would have thought both DVD and video play via the same scart.

I may be wrong, but worth a try, but without the relevant manuels its hard to say.

Sponsored Links
[quote="333rocky333";p="3375118

Another possible option, Is if the ariel is also looped through the Video and then to the TV,

Though I would have thought both DVD and video play via the same scart.

I may be wrong, but worth a try, but without the relevant manuels its hard to say.[/quote]

Ariel is washing powder and nothing to do with it.

DVD and video do play through the same scart so we need to think again.

Thanks for that mate I have put a cleaner tape through it and you are not going to believe it but I went across and just tried it once more and it has come good I don't think it has ever been cleaned before. Whether that was it I just do not know thanks for replying good of you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back