Nexus 8 Alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the lynteck Nexus 8 Alarm panel fitted, but following a power cut the three keypads fitted are displaying n1, n2 & n3 respectively.
None of the keypads are responding to any input - they bleep but wont allow me to set or unset the alarm (or do anything actually).
any advice on how to set them right again?

Sponsored Links
As will be along soon , your systems batteries need replacing.

beware to replace it you will open a panel with 240v inside so do not contemplate unless you are confident or can remove the fuse from the supplying spur or break the power some other way.

The battery will be the oblong block with two spade connectors one red one black.

Go to maplins and get a replacement.

This subject should be a sticky thread with the title... What to do after a powercut if your alarm malfunctions.

Is it ok to kill the mains power when i change the battery or will that lose me the configuration settings?

Sponsored Links
Try contacting lyntek about it.

You can get in touch with them via Protec fire detection
on 01282 717171

Ask for the service dept, or just lyntek support.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back