Nexus 8 Remote Keypad Problem

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Keypad Dead

Alarm Panel appears OK. Alarm sounds when a Panic Button is pressed.

I would be grateful for any ideas.

Has anyone any ideas where a Remote Keypad could be purchased?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check keypad wiring or aux fuse , wire keypad on short cable at end station and check keypad bus for 12v

When I remove the Alarm Panel cover, the alarm goes off. If I program the Bell Duration to 00 Minutes, will I then be in a position to check the power supplies?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
How you going to do that without a working keypad ? Open lid and remove one leg of the speaker . Now check voltage

Hello Sparkymarka,

Thanks for your help. I fitted an old keypad which I had for a long time. I then found that a PF message appeared. There had been a mains supply failure a few days ago. The Power Supply in the unit had a blown fuse and s/c capacitor and faulty rectifier. I repaired the unit and it checked out OK on bench.

The alarm has been runniing ok on the Standby battery for about 10 hours. I Set it last night before going to bed. However, when I 'Unset' it to day before going out, I was not able to SET in again.

I refitted the repaired Power Supply and powered up the system.

I am now getting alternate error messages of 'Po' and 'PF'

It seems to be stuck in this mode. I have pressed 'Escape' several times - nothing happens.

It seems that system seems to need a reset.

Have you any idea as to how I should proceed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back