NHS Contact Tracing App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'd be interested to know which part you didn't consider sensible, and which part you thought was your attempt at "debate".
You asking me to put an exact figure on % of GDP.....stupid..Debate.....You missed it.

The reason I don't want the app - if the police are going to get access to it is obvious - they abuse everything they get their hands on so the data security of an app that deliberatly tracks you will be abused by them.

Now if there is a guarantee that the police will not have access and will not be allowed to use it in any way - then I'd consider it.
However, I dont go near anyone when I have to go out and if Im in the supermarket Im ensuring that I keep clear from others, masked up, gloved up, disinfecting before I get back in the car.

I'd rather wear disposable cleansuits :)

There has been several news items about this.

It tracks in an odd way using nearby blue tooth signals. Everything is kept in the phone. I assume it sends texts to other phones that have been near if some one tells their phone that they are infected. A reporter mentioned one hole - some one wants 14days of work so sets infected. That sends messages to a some more. Might even percolate out from those phones. No use at all used like that.

So it doesn't tell anyone where that phone is. No need for gps or mast location.

Big problem. The idea is to find out where to test so Gov needs the phone number of the phone that started it all so that they can be tested. What they should then do is send some sort of pictogram that says test this person otherwise anyone could turn up. After that if positive the other phones should be notified and them tested. Maybe then send similar to their "contacts" if positive. Also say some one has gone through this and recovered - send them another pictogram.

Say some one should be isolating and doesn't. Tricky as all the police could do is ask to look at their pictogram. The Koreans have had slight problems with this, might be Singapore. They are thinking about fitting people who should be isolating with tracking ankle bracelets. There are always some idiots about ;) including those that make assumptions.

Think China used precise location. Other not sure but think at least one was bluetooth data maybe sending back to base. The Koreans kept a rolling 21 days of it.

And anyway mobile phones are always tracked and it can't be turned off so what's the big deal? USA edict years ago. Don't want to be tracked - turn it off.

The reason I don't want the app - if the police are going to get access to it is obvious - they abuse everything they get their hands on so the data security of an app that deliberatly tracks you will be abused by them.

Now if there is a guarantee that the police will not have access and will not be allowed to use it in any way - then I'd consider it.
However, I dont go near anyone when I have to go out and if Im in the supermarket Im ensuring that I keep clear from others, masked up, gloved up, disinfecting before I get back in the car.

I'd rather wear disposable cleansuits :)
Unless you live in a space suit there is a risk...So tracking is a good idea.I am not a great advocate of being monitored but I do agree with it in this instance.

LOL To turn it off removing the battery or card might be a better idea than turning it off.

OH I agree with it, but then I do not trust who will have access to it.
Not because Im some career criminal drug seller or anything, far from it.
But once you let the police have access they will never let it go and they are just too much big brother for my liking.
I have enough with google tracking me, but they would need my phone and to arrest me to get that (or a warrant to get it from google) yet if they have instant access to a database, then - well just imagine
a car pulling up alongside you and telling you that you cannot do the exercise you need to do because you left the house earlier in the day.

But once you let the police have access they will never let it go and they are just too much big brother for my liking.
As I mentioned the police etc already have access to phone tracking data - actual position data as well. Google /Apple too but by all means don't bother to read what I posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links