NHS Contact Tracing App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already being tracked.
Currently Most of the systems are anonymised.

Considering my drive and walk to the shops:
- BT/Virgin > IP address on my house WifI
- BT/Virgin > IP address of other houses wifi as I walk down street and Phone locks on
- LandRover/Insurance Company > GPS Tracking and telematics of Car as I drive to shops
- Council/Gov/Police >Licence Plate Trckiong
- Google/Apple > GPS Tracking and telematics of me as I drive to shops using Phone map
- EE/Voda/O2/Telcos > Cell Trigonometry and GPS Tracking of telematics of me as I drive to shops
- Debit Card tracking as pay for car parking
- EE/Voda/O2/Telcos > Cell Trigonometry and GPS Tracking of telematics of me as I walk around shops
- Council/Gov/Police > Facial Tracking (still in infancy)
- Debit Card tracking > as pay for shop bought items
- Shops and Retail > Tracking on clothes RFID tags as go into follow on shops (1m range, still in infancy)
- Shops and Retail > What did I buy and compute what I will buy next time
etc

Sponsored Links
far from it.
But once you let the police have access they will never let it go and they are just too much big brother for my liking.
I have enough with google tracking me, but they would need my phone and to arrest me to get that (or a warrant to get it from google) yet if they have instant access to a database, then - well just imagine
a car pulling up alongside you and telling you that you cannot do the exercise you need to do because you left the house earlier in the day.

^^
Paranoia..?
^^

Already being tracked.
Currently Most of the systems are anonymised.

Considering my drive and walk to the shops:
- BT/Virgin > IP address on my house WifI
- BT/Virgin > IP address of other houses wifi as I walk down street and Phone locks on
- LandRover/Insurance Company > GPS Tracking and telematics of Car as I drive to shops
- Council/Gov/Police >Licence Plate Trckiong
- Google/Apple > GPS Tracking and telematics of me as I drive to shops using Phone map
- EE/Voda/O2/Telcos > Cell Trigonometry and GPS Tracking of telematics of me as I drive to shops
- Debit Card tracking as pay for car parking
- EE/Voda/O2/Telcos > Cell Trigonometry and GPS Tracking of telematics of me as I walk around shops
- Council/Gov/Police > Facial Tracking (still in infancy)
- Debit Card tracking > as pay for shop bought items
- Shops and Retail > Tracking on clothes RFID tags as go into follow on shops (1m range, still in infancy)
- Shops and Retail > What did I buy and compute what I will buy next time
etc

Funny how people forget the basic mobile tracking method - location by signal levels from the various masts. The position is triangulated this way.

Sponsored Links
From another site. The first post gives an explanation. Without childishness. Tin foil hatters, don't waste your time, you won't believe it anyway.

From another site. The first post gives an explanation. Without childishness. Tin foil hatters, don't waste your time, you won't believe it anyway.

Must admit I didn't read the link as had picked up enough to know how it basically functions. Sounds like Google in particular is the pot calling the kettle black and from a tracking point of view the comments are nonsense and if the app can't cover what is needed there may be no point in having it. May having it being sent to all phones sounds like a nonsense to me but suppose it would help but not in respect of where to test. The testing when used as others do it has a hole as well - it's delayed and it seems people can infect others while not being aware they have it - even never ever aware that they have had it.

Their attitude is likely to cause more deaths and why just mention Singapore that had a registration web site as well and make no mention of S Korea. On the other hand maybe the technique is hype and doesn't help much at all. Could just be that the UK is screwed just down to testing.

Crack pot area really is that mobile phones are tracked. A USA president gave them a time limit to sort it out some time ago. As far as I am aware it has been and most phones are attached to a name. My wife's isn't as very little use so pay as you go. It's cheaper for her - a lot cheaper.

The uk also has a type of CV19 registration web page. :ROFLMAO:Media made a wonderful job of making people aware of it
https://www.nhs.uk/coronavirus-status-checker

What does it ask - don't know as have had no symptoms - never I hope.

If Google/Apple allowed this sort of App then they'd allow it for any nation. Which is iffy when you also provide phones in more repressive regimes.

Apple have history of refusing government access to devices and refusing to enable back doors. That they may also maintain varying levels of tracking information, some anonymous, some not, doesn't mean that they should allow anything without looking at the consequences.

My guess is the sticking point is the ability to deanonymise. That's a big deal.

Whats wrong with washing your hands and keeping your distance?

It takes too long. We are already in another 3 weeks lock down - or more as the man said. Personally for least death I suspect the uk needs to run the virus out. Say the transmission ratio is 0.5 - eventually it's gone ;) as there is no need to worry about 1/2 a person catching it and at some point some one wont infect some one else.

Other parts of europe and the uk as well. Some undeveloped country may only have herd immunity left. That approach in the UK - do nothing at all would result in a lot of death. Who knows 1 million maybe.

The other point when it's still about is eg tourism for instance reckoned to be worth £100 billion a year. Who's going to want to come here or go anywhere that still has it.

As for the people assuming that this great big database won't be used excessively, of course it will. The question is exactly how much excessive use will be possible and how will it be identified, assessed and prevented in future.

When you've got Police officers trying to take shopping out of people's baskets as they aren't 'essential items' why on earth would you assume some won't over react when given tools to quickly identify entire lists of 'offenders'. I don't think there's ever been a database approaching that scale that hasn't been misused.

However, just because the tool can and would be abused doesn't mean it shouldn't exist at all. It will make saving lives easier, that means it's worth considering.

There was a phone app developed a few years ago designed to warn those meeting up in countries with small populations whether their intended 'date' was a relative.
It was of course also reliant on a population ID database.
(Can you guess where we may be heading ID wise after this crisis?)

Had a catchy selling phrase though.
"Bump the app before you bump in bed"

When you've got Police officers trying to take shopping out of people's baskets as they aren't 'essential items' why on earth would you assume some won't over react when given tools to quickly identify entire lists of 'offenders'. I don't think there's ever been a database approaching that scale that hasn't been misused.
How many of them?

I wouldn't worry about it, probably be contracted out to Fujitsu, so it'll be years late and won't work anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links