NHS, what should and should not be treated.

Reaction score
Dystopia, a small island too close to Europe
Country
United Kingdom
With the figures out showing the NHS in an even worse state than imagined, what procedures do people think should NOT be catered for by the NHS? Tattoo removal, elected cosmetic surgery, fertility treatment for couples with children, gender re assignment, any thoughts ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Only if the condition is related to their lifestyle.

Very hard to police though. Somebody might work their whole lives in the building industry, get a lung condition, and because they smoke a few fags a day, told no treatment.
Or somebody might develop arthritis, become immobile, then gain weight, and told, you're too fat for a hip operation.

How do you decide who deserves treatment in these cases? And considering that both smoking and junk food have been heavily advertised over the years, with little regulation until recently, can we really blame people for becoming addictive to food and fags, when not so long ago doctors even advised it was OK?

Maybe the NHS shouldn't treat skin cancer, because everybody can cover up. And don't treat sports injuries - pick a safer hobby. And, while we're at it, no treatment for people in car crashes - next time, get the bus ....

Very obese people are already denied some treatments until they lose weight anyway.

There is the age old argument as to whether smokers pay more in than they cost the NHS, figures seem to indicate they do pay more. Alcoholics are another drain, but they pay a large amount of tax when they buy it, it could be even more tax if MP's had the balls to implement a minimum price per unit in England & Wales. They do implants for alcoholics, but didn't George Best have one after a kidney transplant, then continued to drink ?. Seems if you're that addicted nothing will stop you.

With the figures out showing the NHS in an even worse state than imagined, what procedures do people think should NOT be catered for by the NHS? Tattoo removal, elected cosmetic surgery, fertility treatment for couples with children, gender re assignment, any thoughts ?

You and all like you who voted and wanted the NHS to be underfunded you should stand by your principles and go to the back of the queue.

You and all like you who voted and wanted the NHS to be underfunded you should stand by your principles and go to the back of the queue.
So what are you after on the NHS, tattoo removal or a pair of b0llocks? And when did I vote for the NHS to be underfunded you pillock ? Tell me that, and no squirming out of it, tell me when and how I voted.

Last edited:
Typical RW that thinks tattoo removal is routinely provided on the NHS - it isn't but its something your little brain can take a nice big bite and run with. How many tattoo removal procedures have taken place at what cost?

Are you an expert now?

So what are you after on the NHS, tatto removal or a pair of b0llocks? And when did I vote for the NHS to be underfunded you pillock ? Tell me that, and no squirming out of it, tell me when and how I voted.
Presumably he thinks you voted Tory?

Typical RW that thinks tattoo removal is routinely provided on the NHS - it isn't but its something your little brain can take a nice big bite and run with. How many tattoo removal procedures have taken place at what cost?
Did I say routinely ? There have been cases, not many ( a few thousand) but money could have been used elsewhere. Now tell me, when and how I voted for the NHS to be underfunded, or can't your few remaining brain cells cope with a simple question ? You said I did, so you must be pretty sure of an answer.

Thats the same dumb argument as 'all people on benefits are lazy'.......Its Daily Mail tripe; fodder for RWR.

Would it not be more sensible to focus on the big issues relating to the NHS

Like 10 years underfunding
Bed blocking due to social care cuts
Staff shortages
Poor outcomes for cancer treatment
Increasing privatisation
Huge repayments costs of PFI contracts

But no, lets focus on tattoo removal because we can get all worked up over the 10 people a year that have t done.

Sponsored Links
Back