Nice Pictures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies for quality, taken with camera phone. Found this on a CU that has quite recently been rewired !! :eek:

I would estimate whats left of these tails to be 6mm2 at best! There was a 10Kw shower, along with 32A cooker circuit with the usual sockets/lights etc.

Must have got real warm !

The terminals on the main switch were also loose, heres pic with "tails" removed

Another bit of rubber T&E tapped off the meter feeding an old isolator below..

- still olive, the outgoing cables exposed and only protected by the switch being off

Sponsored Links
Good old cloth covered VIR.

See jobs like that every day and theres nothing I can do apart from block them out, upgrade our side to 25mm and mention to the customer that it might be a good idea to have a PIR done.

Equitum, on the pic of the isolator just to the left, bare 'wire' is that the supply side earth perchance :?:

Looks very similar to the pathetic effort at the job I'm on at the moment, still cannot find where if it joins the incomer :(

Oh and your lovely cloth covered cables...shed loads of the stuff at the job as well, also rubber coated, all of which snaps if you breath on it :rolleyes:

The place WAS ready for update

Sponsored Links
Dont forget that even though the cable has had it, it is still worth money from the scrap man ;)

A normal black bin full fetches about £40 - £60 at the moment :D

Best price in Bradford is european metals up near arco off wakefield road.

A normal black bin full fetches about £40 - £60 at the moment :

Damn, I binned 15 met of 10mm 2 core pyro yesterday,
I always thought pyro was not worth much as it was hard to get the powder out, so I threw it

Oh RF we are so like minded!!! Already have one black bin load and have not yet cut out the old circuits!!!!!!

The fella in Guiseley near the Station pub also offers a good rate apparently, but thanks for the tip ;) ;)

Where theirs muck (metal and copper theres brass lad; one of the first things said to me when I moved to gods own glorious country.

How much checking do they do by the way? Thought I may add a few old back boxes for ballast ;) ;)

When you say a black bin full, are you taking it to the scrap yard sheathed? It is not worth the time or effort stripping smaller sizes.

The fellar at Guiseley is not bad on price, certainly better than Brothies on the way into Otley. Robbing git :LOL:

I only bother stripping 16mm and above, and they do check for stray ballast :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back