Nice Smelling Plant/bush options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for suggestions for a hardy all yeah round plant/bush/schrub,

That gives off a nice smell. without having to rub it etc ( esp in spring summer time)

My reasons is our neighbours bins are quite close to my front door and they must be putting some stinky sh*t in cause there's such a smell coming from them, esp in the summer hot days.

I've got a area of 800mm x 1500mm where i can plant something that sits between there bins and our front door/porch.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi ghost32, mint would be great for this. plus, you can run a mower over it without hurting it and really get a long lasting mint smell. :D

Not a great deal of options other than lavender or rosemary for all year round scent.

Not many shrubs that have scented flowers, flower in the summer either unfortunately.

Thanks for all the replies...
maybe then i can come to a compromise, it's worse in the spring summer than any other time.. so maybe not needed all year round.

The biggest factor for me would be you don't need to rub it/move it etc to get the smell going ( if you know what i mean)
also i suppose that it can survive winter quite well so it's fighting fit ready for another spring/summer action.

Sponsored Links
Lavender is the way to go - Even better get the people next door to move their bins. . :idea:

I had a problem with the neighbours on one side leaving their bins out the front of the house all week through sheer chaviness and laziness. :evil: Reported them to the council for breach of the terms of the title deeds of their property. Enforcement notice served by council and bins now down the side of the house apart from collection day. .:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back