Nicobond

AOG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hope this is not too dumb a question from a diyer. When tiling in the past I've always used premixed stuff and never really had to think too much.
Anyhow I have bought some Nicobond fast floor and wall adhesive. I need to tile on to cement tile board, wbp, plasterboard and plaster. I checked the specs of this stuff on on the Nicobond site (yeah after I bought it) and it says ok to use on wbp and tile backer (with additive) but not suitable for gypsum plaster.
Would this mean plasterboard as well ?
I can only find one powdered product in the Nicobond range that says it is suitable for plaster and that is the Nicobond Unique which it appears is not waterproof.
So am I being dumb here or do they not make a powdered waterproof adhesive suitable for plaster(board) ?

Sponsored Links
you can use it on plasterboard and plaster just prime the walls first with nicobond primer. the rep told me the unique would be ok in a domestic shower but not power showers

Thanks for the reply.
I wonder why they don't make that clear in their literature. They do specify that certain substrates require Nicobond enhancer added but specifically state that this is not suitable for plaster.
Also their recommended product for tiling on plaster/plaster board is a premixed product.
Do you know if Nicobond primer is an expensive way of buying pva or is it something else altogether. ?

Uses
Bonding ceramic wall and floor tiles, mosaic, slip bricks, marble, granite and natural stones to:- Sand/Cement
rendering, Brick, Blockwork, Screed , Concrete.
When mixed with diluted Nicobond Enhancer 2002, can be used for bonding to: Glazed surfaces, Painted surfaces, Steel, “Polished” concrete, Power-floated screeds, Plywood, Tile backing boards, e.g., Aquapanel, Flooring
grade asphalt.
Maximum bed thickness 12mm.
Features
Suitable for use in interior or exterior situations, Sets in less than 1 hour, Suitable for tiling swimming pools
Excellent initial grab, Non-Slip, Ready for use immediately after mixing.
Surface Preparation
Please refer to page 64
Application
Please refer to page67
Note
Not suitable for tiling onto gypsum plaster, plastics, or fibreglass.

Sponsored Links
the enhancer is an additive for grouts and adhesives. you need to use nicobond primer or universal bonding agent and sealer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back