Night light and security light

Status
Not open for further replies.
13amp sockets are (Wrongly) permitted on a lighting circuit
YOU are the one who is WRONG.
Give it up, or convince J/PEL 64 that you have the experience and understanding of electrical matters to contribute to a future edition of BS7671. Once you are on the committee I am sure that they will take your views into account.

Up until that time please stop posting WRONG and MISLEADING information.
The unwary DIYer coming on to this forum, who is not aware of your stupidity, could well think you know what you are talking about.

Sponsored Links
They are expressly permitted on lighting circuits.
They have been fitted to lighting circuits without any problems by thousands (possibly millions) of people for half a centuary or more.

Why are you the ONLY PERSON who seems to have a personal vendetta against this perfectly satisfactory facility?

Give it up, or convince J/PEL 64 that you have the experience and understanding of electrical matters to contribute to a future edition of BS7671. Once you are on the committee I am sure that they will take your views into account.

The unwary DIYer coming on to this forum, who is not aware of your stupidity, could well think you know what you are talking about.

They have been fitted to lighting circuits without any problems by thousands (possibly millions) of people for half a centuary or more.

Why are you the ONLY PERSON who seems to have a personal vendetta against this perfectly satisfactory facility?

Sponsored Links

I am not stupid. It is common sense not to overload a lighting circuit. Regs have been wrong (and corrected) before.

They are wrongly permitted on lighting circuits.

I have personally come across several problems with 13 amp sockets on lighting circuits, one resulted in a foot through the loft floor after being plunged into darkness.

It is not a personal vendetta, it is common sense.

BS1362

BS1362.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back