Nightmare - Need help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I moved into a semi detached house which has a small extension in the gap between my set of semis and the next set of semi detached houses.

The extension was done by previous owners. And they built a joint roof between my house and the one on the other side. The roof is rises up toward the house.

The problem is that the upstairs bathroom was moved at some point and now the relocated bath and sink waste pipes eject from the house at such a level that it hits where the flashing for extended roof. What this has meant is that the overlapping pieces of lead can not go past the pipes.

The picture is not mine (I’ll try taking one on the weekend), but essentially the red circles are my two pipes. And the flashing I have is not stepped.

Is there anyway I can apply a larger piece of flashing above the pipes and then weld or glue to the adjacent flashing?

Thanks

Attachments

• 442161F0-F7C4-47F9-838C-95D678E9FD96.png
    442161F0-F7C4-47F9-838C-95D678E9FD96.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 252
Sponsored Links
People will be wondering why you don't adjust where the pipes exit through the wall....?

The pipe run under the bathroom tiled floor and out the wall...

He means extend the pipe out the wall a bit further, or have a play with some bends and stuff so the water goes where you want it to be.

Sponsored Links
The pipes run from the sink and bathtub under the floor. So without crossing past the floor joists, there’s only a small amount of space to play with. So wherever it exits usb likely to be near the lead flashing...

Flashing is not a waterproofing layer. Whilst odd and not ideal, the is no reason why flashing can't be penetrated by a pipe.

Flashing is not a waterproofing layer. Whilst odd and not ideal, the is no reason why flashing can't be penetrated by a pipe.

I was thinking that. If the pipe penetrates flashing. Is there a way to seal arround the pipe and lead?

We dont know where the pipes go, but it is sometimes possible to box in pipes and lead over. Then a strip of lead flashing higher up to seal in.

Or you could form a little leanto canopy, maybe using a bit of zinc and lead over.

Or as suggested, you could cut a hole in the flashing and seal with leadmate.

Is there a cavity tray in the house wall? I guess if you have a straight flashing, rather than stepped, maybe not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back