Ninebobs thread..

I don't see why the discussion cannot continue in this thread. The reason the original discussion was locked, as far as I can ascertain, is because ninebob tried to use this site to start a petition/lobby. I understand that that might not be written down in the rules as a prohibited act etc but lets leave that to one side until the MODs gain clarification from Admin.

Anyway, I've just read the original thread. I can understand ninebob's concerns but I have to say I agree with Tim. I would add that as well as protecting the hearing of people within the pub, club etc I assume (and that's all it is, an assumption, I have no knowledge of these devices), this device would alleviate possible 'nuisance noise' to residential buildings in the surrounding area of the 'entertainment establishments'. I understand that an entertainment licence must be sought and such circumstances would be considered by the magistrates but such a device may prove useful to the licensee in his/her application i.e. They can prove that the Db level would be at a regulated level.

On the whole I think I agree with it but I'd be interested to hear/read conflicting views.

Sponsored Links
I must admit that I do agree with these devices provided they are set at acceptable levels. I hope that the powers that be have a period of consultation with regard to this.

Some nightclubs do have the music too loud and does give headaches after a while. :(

I used to install the sound level trips (Electronic Orange were the most common). I always called in the Environmental Health officer to approve the set levels. If it was neighbour nuisance he would measure the SPL outside the building, if it was to comply with health at work then it would be measured in the bar area. It should be remembered that the permitted level for people at work is quite low but normally as long as the average level is measured it is loud enough for most bands. The sound has to exceed the set level for several seconds before tripping and this gives the artists time to react.

As a tinnitus sufferer Id suggest a limiter on headphones of all sorts..they are what caused mine 30 odd years ago and it really isnt very nice...no one could tell me then..the louder the better IMO..if only I could turn the clock back.

Sponsored Links
As a tinnitus sufferer Id suggest a limiter on headphones of all sorts..they are what caused mine 30 odd years ago and it really isnt very nice...no one could tell me then..the louder the better IMO..if only I could turn the clock back.
The in ear types were banned at the beeb

Sorry to hear that Zampa (no pun intended!).

There are things I wish I'd done/not done years ago. It's not the nicest way to learn!

Zampa if its any consolation how many young people are there that take heed of any advice and end up just doing what they wish? After all the old'uns don't know what they are talking about do they :)
As you say you learn the hard way.

About ten past two.......
Oh dear!

TRY THESE ZAMPA!

EarHorn.jpg

They're rather fetching don't you think?

Hmmm...cheaper than those pop in ones...mind you..at 4 grand I think most things would be too!

Hmmm...cheaper than those pop in ones...mind you..at 4 grand I think most things would be too!
4 Grand! :eek: Well that's just silly when you could have these for a couple of hundred!

The mrs invited a salesman round as a bit of a surprise because she was ****ed off with having to repeat herself..he went through the schpeel then said something like 3,800 ..oh but he could do a secial deal if we signed on the night.. :rolleyes:

I politely replied.. :evil:

To me an earing aid is giving up and giving in, its accepting theres a problem...thus, for me making it worse...being reliant on something, to me will exagerate it.

At 18 I read the health authorities were spending millions in research, I though 'a few years and they will come up with something'..they never did

Im lucky..some people have it so bad they top emselves..

Our ice cream man did..they found him in his van covered in crushed peanuts and raspberry sauce! :eek:

Our ice cream man did..they found him in his van covered in crushed peanuts and raspberry sauce! :eek:

For some reason this Reminded me of a condom advertisement in a barbers windom more than 50 years ago. It read, 'Buy Me And Stop One'

Sponsored Links
Back