No central heating, says room stat is off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,
We live in a rented house. The boiler is a ideal logic combi 30 boiler. The thermastat is a
Ideal RF Wireless Mechanical Programmable Room Thermostat 204824

The central heating has stopped working and the boiler says timer / room stat is off. The hot water works fine. However, the thermostat is not off. We have tried replacing the batteries and holding the thermostat near the receiver (which is built into the boiler) but nothing happens. It appears they have become disconnected and I can’t find a way to manually override this thermostat and so the house is absolutely freezing cold. On the receiver there is a button, a red light that sometimes flashes, is sometimes solid red and sometimes nothing. I can’t find any instructions on how to pair them back together.
Please can someone help? I don’t want to ask the landlord for a plumber if it is something trivial.

Thanks
Sorry for the font, can’t seem to change it on my phone.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Yes already tried that. Nothing happens. There’s also a button on the receiver. I’m not sure if there is some sort of sequence that should be done for them to pair. Can’t find anything online. Have tried reset / replacing batteries, holding right next to, thermo is definitely on and set to 30degrees, batteries working as clock is ticking on it and light flashes red when we hit reset. It just isn’t communicating with the receiver.

Sponsored Links
if its a rental and its broke, its the landlords responsibility no matter how trivial.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back