No Conveyor

Sponsored Links
If its anywhere close to being as good as the Dyson AirBlade hand-dryer then it'll be fantastic. Most hand-dryers i've used are pretty poor, the one in our office dries your hand slower than just letting them drip-dry, but the AirBlade is on another level.

Sponsored Links
If its anywhere close to being as good as the Dyson AirBlade hand-dryer then it'll be fantastic. .
It takes a while to get used to, I dont like the vibration you get in your hands and the noise it makes (like chalk across a blackboard) at a certain point when extracting your hands.

just think of all those unemployed.. they could all be employed as punkawallas.. the guy sitting in the corner pulling the string on the big ceiling fan..

so they made a fan based on the venturi effect then?

If its anywhere close to being as good as the Dyson AirBlade hand-dryer then it'll be fantastic. .
It takes a while to get used to, I dont like the vibration you get in your hands and the noise it makes (like chalk across a blackboard) at a certain point when extracting your hands.
Got to marvel at the stats though - the motor spins at 88,000rpm and consumes 1600w - this is about the rating of a standard hand dryer heater!

vsynth said:
Surely the fan is just inside the unit?

Not necessarily. About fifty years ago, somebody invented a loudspeaker with no moving parts. It was called the ionophone. :idea: :idea: :idea:

So how would this idea be turned into a fan? :?: :?: :?: In the bottom of the thing you use a high voltage discharge to ionize the air, pretty much the same as in the ionophone. Next comes the clever bit; a stack of microwave cavities propels the ions up and out through a wire mesh. The mesh acts as a barrier to stray microwaves and completes the circuit by giving the ions their electrons back. Simples! ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back