No fill loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, hope someone can help me.

We've just moved into a new house and it's time to turn the heating on. I noticed that the upstairs rads weren't heating too well, no bleeding necessary. Checked the boiler, pressure at zero but for the life of me I can't find the fill tap. None of the pipes have a loop and it's driving me nuts. I wonder if whoever fitted it did it on purpose so someone would have to be called out.

I've looked around the house, and can't see anywhere else to look for a tap.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.....

Sponsored Links
what makes you so sure that it actually has a filling loop ? make and model would help but a good chance it is fed by an F&E tank

To quote you Shepworth "I wonder if whoever fitted it did it on purpose so someone would have to be called out"

Its obviously a system boiler with the presence of a PRV outlet clearly visible from the picture, also another MV is missing from the pic.

Good luck hunting for the filling loop and don't jump to conclusions about the original installer.
:eek:

Sponsored Links
they can be boxed in too. have look in the cupboard underneath the boiler. see if the rear panel comes out, or even behind the plinth. :eek:

Thanks for all the suggestions. You're right, I shouldn't jump to conclusions about the original installer.

I will hunt about some more for a tap.

what makes you so sure that it actually has a filling loop ? make and model would help but a good chance it is fed by an F&E tank

It's a Vokera Mynute 14e

I had a look at the instructions and it does say that there should be a filling loop

yes a vokera 14e must have a filling loop they are not suitable for open vented systems, I have seen filling loops in some really weird places but it will be somewhere that there is a heating pipe and a cold water main pipe if you have an unvented HW cylinder it is common to have them fitted next to that

The search continues......I've followed every pipe I can see to no avail. No doubt it's hidden somewhere stupid so you can't see the pressure gauge fill up.

Thanks all.

Normally when they are fitted away from the boiler then there is an additional pressure guage installed next to the filling loop so you can see what pressure you have let into the system

I caved and got a plumber in. There's no fill loop apparently, this is a semi closed system which was working fine. The problem was that the hot water pipe at the bottom of the coil in the cylinder was too wide open and so that's where all the heat was going. He closed it right down and now all the other rads are fine. Also, looks like the pressure gauge was knackered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back