No fuel.

My wife spoke to her sister in Slough today and the queues are not abating, but as you say, normal service has been resumed in Cornwall.
I know your one brain cell can’t work out that it’s the people panic buying that will create the shortage. If everybody carried on as normal and bought fuel as they normally would then everything would have run as normal.

Sponsored Links
Suppose that helps, but 5 years isn't long, especially for classics. And that stuff will be a bit pricey. Cheaper than I new car though.
Hopefully the golden age of Petrol/diesel vehicles is over and their use will decline rapidly.

Maybe this was all planned to clear the tanks ready for fresh stocks of E10 crap. Then this stuff will screw up the older cars and they'll all have to buy something to plug in.

It was never planned - don't give them too much credit, but they are ruthless opportunist. The way they handed out contracts to their mates right in fron of the pubic and their press mates gave them a free pass.

Sponsored Links
Hopefully the golden age of Petrol/diesel vehicles is over and their use will decline rapidly.

You can drive around in your G Wiz, but I'm sticking with petrol and diesel for the forseeable. Running a tree hugger electric car is just impractical and probably will be for decades. Not enough generating capacity and charging points inadequate. Also what do people in flats or houses without driveways do?

Anyway, ending petrol/diesel cars is a Blojo promise. No chance of that then. :rolleyes:

I see that there is a proposal to limit home charging of electric vehicles to off-peak hours in order to avoid overloading the national electricity grid. If this is necessary now then what measures are going to be needed when electric vehicles become more popular?
https://www.driving.co.uk/news/environment/ev-chargers-switch-off-peak-times-blackouts/

And we're all using air/ground source heat pumps to heat our homes.

It's a pie in the sky Blojo promise. No thought to it's implementation - just like Brexit. They're winging it, and it's falling apart at the seams.

upload_2021-9-29_12-52-4.png

I see that there is a proposal to limit home charging of electric vehicles to off-peak hours in order to avoid overloading the national electricity grid. If this is necessary now then what measures are going to be needed when electric vehicles become more popular?
https://www.driving.co.uk/news/environment/ev-chargers-switch-off-peak-times-blackouts/

Don't forget electric boilers, that were due to be fitted in all new builds from mid 2016. I believe that can has been punted forward twice more since.

You can drive around in your G Wiz, but I'm sticking with petrol and diesel for the forseeable. Running a tree hugger electric car is just impractical and probably will be for decades. Not enough generating capacity and charging points inadequate. Also what do people in flats or houses without driveways do?

Anyway, ending petrol/diesel cars is a Blojo promise. No chance of that then. :rolleyes:
Changing folksminds takes time,i appreciate that..but fossil fuels are on the way out.

You sound like some ancient duffer who said people would suffocate on trains over 40mph.

Sponsored Links
Back