No heating because of BDR91?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

new to the forum and need some help.

I have a Worcester Combi boiler 42cdi, with underfloor heating set up.

We currently have hot water but no heating. The British Gas man has been round and said it is to do with the BDR91 relay which is tripping out when it tries to trigger the underfloor heating. But nothing has changed with the wiring (it was all working fine recently).

is there a way to test this prior to shelling out money for another underfloor inspection of some kind?

is there a standard wiring set up for a BDR91 which would connect hot water and heating?

I've read that "binding" can create errors in the system, will resetting all binding resolve this issue that you know of?

any help or advice you could provide would be gratefully received. also if i'm being way to vague here i can provide more specifics if needed.

if photos of the system are needed i can provide those too.

ta

Sponsored Links
It trips the power?, isn't this just an evohome relay to the underfloor stat?. Bg won't get involved in evohome or underfloor but is the pump tripping it?

sorry as in the boiler begins then the relay signals it to not heat up anymore.

not power related (that i am aware of), i dont know if it is evohome, not labels to say it is

Sponsored Links
sure the set up is here

upload_2016-12-22_17-2-13.jpeg

BG said the relay would register a call for CH. but when it signalled for the heating it (the relay) would then "trip out" and not signal for CH.

he offered to replace for a HIVE system, i said fine, but when he opened up the BDR he said it was too badly wired for him to attach HIVE instead.

should i post picture of wiring inside BDR? (not sure how to access).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back