No heating unless I have hot water as well ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,
Worcester Danesmoor 15/19 Oil boiler , approx 20 yrs old.

1. I cannot have heating only , I must have hot water as well. Is this normal ? I have found a similar model instruction manual on the net , but it makes no mention of this.

2. For proper balancing where can I find the manufacturers recommended feed and return pipe temps ?

3. I want to change the overly complicated digital timer (not an onboard one) for a nice and simple jobbie like the piccy below. Is this feasible ?

p1055819_x.jpg

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you cant have heating only then you may have what is known as a gravity system.
Do you have 4 pipes coming from boiler?

For balancing have a look at FAQ on here

YEP should be straight forward to change programmer

Thanks or that.
Yes I have 4 pipes - so gravity it is then.

I have read the FAQ , hence my question about the temp difference. One of your fellow engineers suggested that the feed and return pipe temps at the boiler would be stated in the boiler manual. But I have no manual hence the question.

Thanks for the timer bit, i assumed that was the case , i'll just be glad to get rid of the digi box :)

Sponsored Links
The timer in the picture is a "mechanical timer"

they do wire up the same, and with a gravity system you may have to push a slide/switch at the back or remove a wire (by pulling it) - the instructions will state how to do this.

you may even be able to keep the same back plate and just change the face!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back