No hot water after bleeding radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, firstly I would like to apologize in advance as I have limited knowledge in this area and so some things I may not know or understand.

I have a boilermate Gledhill upstairs and an logic ideal boiler downstairs. We bled all the radiators today and realised we did not have any hot water. In addition, the boilermate Gledhill that is upstairs keeps making noises on the right hand side. The radiators are also not heating up either.

I have tried reading online and it usually talks about pressure gauge and flowing pipes but I cannot find any pressure gauge for the boilers. I think I need to do something with the upstairs boiler as that is the one that is making the noises but my logic boiler's temperature is only 29 degree celcius when it should be above 70 degree celcius at least.

Please any help is appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Post a pic of Ideal boiler and boiler mate, to include any pipes under the Ideal boiler and the wiring cupboard, we can then tell you how to re-pressurise.

If your unable to do that, you’re looking for a braided hose and 2 valves with x1 or x2 black (usually) coloured handles.

Last edited:
Post a pic of Ideal boiler and boiler mate, to include any pipes under the Ideal boiler and the wiring cupboard, we can then tell you how to re-pressurise.

Thanks for the reply and here are the pictures

Attachments

• logic.jpg
    logic.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 261
  • boilermate.jpg
    boilermate.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 294
The one of the Ideal doesn’t help much, it looks copied from Mr central heatings website. Either way I’ve edited my reply, you need to look for the filling loop.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, here are more pictures of the ideal boiler

The braided hose, would I be checking it for ideal or boilermate?

Attachments

• IMG_1532.JPG
    IMG_1532.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1530.JPG
    IMG_1530.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 230
This is the top of the boilermate, sorry but I cannot find any hose or tube looking things

Attachments

• top boilermate.jpg
    top boilermate.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 252
Try above the boiler. Your looking for something that resembles one of the following:

upload_2020-2-3_19-39-16.jpeg

upload_2020-2-3_19-40-24.jpeg

Your boiler may not be pressurised. Is it fed from a small tank in the loft ?

I do not have a small tank in the loft but the boilermate helps to maintain the pressure of the hot water, it's the thermal storage system

your system does not have a filling loop , your last pic is the fill and expansion tank that fills your system, I have marked in blue the cold water filling pipe, follow this pipe and see if there are any valves on it and if there is make sure they are open, the feed that I have marked in red is a common place for these to block.

Attachments

• top boilermate.jpg
    top boilermate.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 251
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
your system does not have a filling loop , your last pic is the fill and expansion tank that fills your system, I have marked in blue the cold water filling pipe, follow this pipe and see if there are any valves on it and if there is make sure they are open, the feed that I have marked in red is a common place for these to block.

Thank you for the marking in the picture. From the blue arrow, the second picture with the pipe with the green lid leads into the boiler and the second picture with that blue arrowed pipe leads into the floor. I am assuming I need to turn either left or right with the thing in the second picture and then doing something afterwards?

Attachments

• IMG_1537.JPG
    IMG_1537.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_1538.JPG
    IMG_1538.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 247
Forget the green valve that is a blending valve, the brass valve in your second pic make sure that is open, turn anti-clockwise till it stops the turn it back in 1/4 turn

Forget the green valve that is a blending valve, the brass valve in your second pic make sure that is open, turn anti-clockwise till it stops the turn it back in 1/4 turn

Thank you for the reply, sorry if this is a stupid question but do I need to turn off all the boilers before attempting this? Also, how long would I leave the valve open for after fully turning it clockwise? Apologies again as this area is not my expertise (as you can probably tell!) What do you mean turn it back 1/4 turn?

1/4 turn as in not a full turn, not half turn just a quarter , helps for future maintenance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back